To encourage kids to eat healthy it is important to offer them choices so they can have variety when they are making eating decisions.
Things to offer:
- Fruits and veggies, cut small and in fun shapes
- Sparkling water with juice
- Seeds and dried fruit
- Coconut flakes
- Turkey jerky
- Air popped corn misted with flavored oil
Things to avoid:
- Packaged and processed foods
- Soda, energy drinks and sweet tea
Watch “A Healthy Way with Debra K” video for a great way to encourage kids to snack well.
About Debra K
Debra K., the Natural Health Explorer, is on a mission to inspire our nation’s health transformation. As the host of award-winning The Journey into Wellbeing television show airing on PBS, Debra uncovers the secrets to living a high-energy, vibrant life. You can watch her latest show, Senior Moments online at JourneyIntoWellbeing.com